Aquarium Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I’m from greeece and I got pretty interesting in the aquarium hobby but thing I live in Greece and not many interesting in the hobby so I can’t learn the needed in this hobby I hope I get some experience in this forum. I had many looses due to parasites and I started learning by experimenting. I started with 35 gallons angelfish tank now I updated to 75 gallons and I try to figure out what to keep in it at the moment I have 4 molly some cardinal tetras and some neon tetra in it. I was thinking if I can make it work with red belly piranhas tetras and some angelfish since all of them are native to South America

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is no problem with legalities all pet shops sells then. Can you suggest something like pacu piranha Oscar that will not grow too much to be able to keep a 5-6 at 75 gallons

· Registered
357 Posts
If you're looking for a good size centerpiece to go with the rest of your stock, gouramis are a good start. Lots of options, though not all of them will be happy long term in a 75, or play nice with your tetras. Some of the more peaceful cichlids like kribensis, apistogramma or rams might also be a good option, though rams tend to be harder to keep as they're very intolerant of water issues. Also, being cichlids, there's a risk they won't be mild tempered at all. Angels should work with any of these options, though again, they're also cichlids, so YMMV.

Pacu get very large, I don't think a 75 is good for even 1. Piranha want to be in a larger group, and to be honest, most of the time they're not that exciting to watch. I'm not sure a 75 is suitable for them either. As for oscars, you could probably keep one in a 75, but it's going to eat anything that fits in it's mouth, and pretty much everything else in the tank is going to fit in it's mouth pretty fast.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you're looking for a good size centerpiece to go with the rest of your stock, gouramis are a good start. Lots of options, though not all of them will be happy long term in a 75, or play nice with your tetras. Some of the more peaceful cichlids like kribensis, apistogramma or rams might also be a good option, though rams tend to be harder to keep as they're very intolerant of water issues. Also, being cichlids, there's a risk they won't be mild tempered at all. Angels should work with any of these options, though again, they're also cichlids, so YMMV.

Pacu get very large, I don't think a 75 is good for even 1. Piranha want to be in a larger group, and to be honest, most of the time they're not that exciting to watch. I'm not sure a 75 is suitable for them either. As for oscars, you could probably keep one in a 75, but it's going to eat anything that fits in it's mouth, and pretty much everything else in the tank is going to fit in it's mouth pretty fast.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts