Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says I'm new to the forum. I've just recently taken an interest in keeping an aquarium and have purchased a 5 gallon. Contained in the 5 gallon are two Zebra Danio, a Wasp fish and 5 shrimp. Already I realize this is not enough. I'd like to upgrade to approximately a 30 gallon in the near future while still keeping the 5 gallon intact. Joining this forum I hope to learn more about the hobby and would like to learn more about keeping a healthy aquarium.

A limited budget will dictate the equipment I purchase and I am already perusing the internet for the best deals in everything aquatic. Suggestions on websites with the best prices is encouraged.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
welcome to the site!i recommend u definatly get the 30 gallon as zebra danios are schooling fish and need to be in a group of 6 or more or they will die of lonelines or become vigorous fin nippers. hope u get all your questions answered!

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Welcome to the site..... On a limited buget and the econ. not do so will now the time to look for a used system or used items. Look in you local paper,most have there listing on the net as will, craigs list, ebay, the fly, yard sales... there a deal out there with you name on it/

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
A 5 gallon makes a perfect home for a betta or similar fish that loves living alone. They really are not made for community tanks and do not lend themselves for more than a couple at the most. But they do as I have said make wonderful betta tanks.

Welcome and I do hope that you can find what you need to have the lovely tank you will enjoy. You sound devoted to your search and should be able to come up with something.

Rose

1 - 5 of 5 Posts