Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody! I just joined the forum tonight from Georgetown, TX (about 30 miles north of Austin.)

I started with a 20 gallon simple set up about ten years ago and currently have a 55 gallon planted aquarium. Stock includes boesemani rainbows, false julii cory cats, pearl gouramis, hengeli rasboras, cardinal tetras, amano shrimp, celestial pearl danios and a Rio ***** plecostomus. I'd love to add a reef, but my checkbook won't open that far...yet.

Love to hear what other people are doing with their tanks and always looking for new ideas or info on unfamiliar plants/fish/inverts.

·
Queen Platy
932 Posts
*welcome w-smiles

I have a 20 gallon also with live plants. Trying to get Red Cherry Shrimps =]

Reactions: tate1

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah, Red cherry shrimp are nice. Have you seen the red crystal shrimp? I like them guys!

I went with the amanos to eat algae and also to add a little more interest to the tank. Of course, they all like to hide out in a crack in the driftwood for the most part. You see them just outside the edge and only very rarely will you catch one moving around the tank. They must come out at night, though, because all the green algae has disappeared.

Now if I could only get them to eat staghorn algae, I'd be all set. ;)

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Welcome to the site!

Reactions: tate1

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi everybody! I just joined the forum tonight from Georgetown, TX (about 30 miles north of Austin.)

I started with a 20 gallon simple set up about ten years ago and currently have a 55 gallon planted aquarium. Stock includes boesemani rainbows, false julii cory cats, pearl gouramis, hengeli rasboras, cardinal tetras, amano shrimp, celestial pearl danios and a Rio ***** plecostomus. I'd love to add a reef, but my checkbook won't open that far...yet.

Love to hear what other people are doing with their tanks and always looking for new ideas or info on unfamiliar plants/fish/inverts.
Howdy Mate...
I am from Georgetown, Texas as well. What a coincedence! Where at in Georgetown?*w2

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol - hello fellow Georgetowninianite! I'm smack dab in the middle of Serenada.

...I knew there had to be others who lived 45 minutes away from a decent LFS. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts