Registered
1,770 Posts
Welcome to the site!

Reactions: Assassynation

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey welcome to the site and lets here about your tank and maybe even some pics.
Thanks for the welcome, I find that forums are the best source of information and I am sure this one will be awesome too!

I am doing some research here before I buy. I want to get a 70 - 180 gal aquarium square or bow front setup, Freshwater planted with tetras and various other fish. I'm up here in Alaska and its hard to find/buy up here without costing an arm and a leg. I am trying to find a deal online but its hard because no one wants to work with me on trying to find out what shipping would be.

I have one question so far: What's your opinion on the bow front tank? I don't see any on here so far.

·
Aqua Addict
292 Posts
I have a little 30 bowfront that I love. Even though it isn't much, I like that there is a little more depth to the tank. They don't seem to pop up on craigslist very much. So either people like them and keep them, or no one buys them to begin with.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey guys just an update, I bought a 30gal on craigslist for $20. I am going to fairbanks this weekend to get a 155gal for $600, also from craigslist.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Are you from the Fairbanks area?
Nice to see another Alaskan on here.
I live in Anchorage, so we're not that far apart. Where do you go to get your aquarium supplies? I just recently found Coral Maniacs on Tudor rd. Then there's Pet Zoo on Dimond. and of course Wal-Mart.

·
Aquarium Fanatic
1,267 Posts
Welcome to the forum glad to have you with us.
I have not owned a bow tank personally but i did take care of 6 72gals for 8 months and loved them, except when your trying to catch fish that no how to run then they have that support that always got in my way. but they are great tanks very beautiful if setup right

·
Registered
199 Posts
I live in Anchorage, so we're not that far apart. Where do you go to get your aquarium supplies? I just recently found Coral Maniacs on Tudor rd. Then there's Pet Zoo on Dimond. and of course Wal-Mart.
I usually go to the pet zoo in eagle river for the basics because it is close to where I live. I was just in the coral place there on Tudor and it has some great prices on large tanks, but they don't keep a large selection on hand. If I am really looking to stock up on basics then I go to the pet co by glenn and Airport heights. Their prices are good but I wouldn't buy fish from them.
I have never been to the petzoo on Diamond but the other pet zoos are ok.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts