Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just checking in and doing the meet and greet thing. Found this site while doing a little research on the web and thought I would stop in and see what’s happening.

A little about myself…

My Name is Ritsuko Nashida and I am originally from Japan and recently got my citizenship here in the US. I am currently attending North Texas Women’s University. I’m employed with a local security company providing Physical Security as well as Executive Protection services.

Been in the SW reefing hobby for about 7 years. I have had tanks ranging in size from 5.5 gallons all the way up to 300 gallons, all primarily coral reef style tanks, although a few did have fish. For a while at one point I was even involved with aqua-culture of SPS corals to subsidize my addiction to this hobby. I am currently serving as a Moderator for another SW forum board which is where I spend a lot of time sharing my love and knowledge of the hobby, when I am not busy with more pressing issues.

I currently have a 5.5 gallon AGA, 2 x 10 gallon AGA and a 20H AGA tanks. Most as bad as I hate to admit it, in pretty much in a sad state of repair thanks in no small part to a recent cross country move. I am planning to take advantage of the opportunity to do some upgrades and remodeling and start building up my coral collection again, bringing them back to their former glory in days passed.

That’s about all of the particulars, hope to see you all around on the board!

·
Banned
1,148 Posts
*w2 Great to have you here, we can always use more knowledge in the saltwater section, please feel free to browse around and join in where ever you feel you want.

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
Thank you for joining and I will say that I am so envious. I love the looks and peaceful atmosphere that Saltwater tanks have about them. I do not have either the room or the ability to have another tank though so I live vicariously through those on the forum who have these lovely tank. This is why I beg for pictures when it is convenient for you to post them and when you feel that the tanks have recovered from their move.

We do hope that you will enjoy it here and find a lot of friends. I do look forward to getting to know you better.

Rose

Reactions: petlover516

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Welcome to the site! +1 to rose be sure to post pics when everything is in order again!

Reactions: Chickadee

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks got the warm welcome Guys and Gals.

Once I start whippin' those tanks back into shape I will definitely break out the camera and post some "worthy" pics. Its going to be a long slow process though. So bare with me on this and my English (only been here a couple of years) too!

I have a 10 gallon mix softies and LPS that I am about to do a major upgrade on and add a Halide and SPS corals to. That might make for a good tank journal thread and be a little pic intensive.

OK, so your a Ninja, why didnt you just say so?
MediaHound, thats absolutley halarious.*r2 Never looked at it that way...Asian + Security Work = Ninja.*#3 Gotta few techniques to be sure, none involve a martial art form, look graceful or would score me any "Cool Points", just fast, down and dirty get the job done stuff. Dont want to risk breaking a nail, manicures cost too much!:)

·
Registered
38 Posts
good one media houd.
welcome to the site! I'm sure your knowledge will be valuable!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts