Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
fenix
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi-
Here in FL we have only two predominately freshwater aquarium societies, to my knowledge- one down south in Hollywood, just north of Miami, and the other, way up in the north- Tampa - where the Mollies grow huge and the fish farms are plentiful. There are hundreds of miles between, so if one wants to join a "fish club"- with all those perks that a club has, such as used equipment auctions, healthy fish and plants for sale at reduced prices- by the members; informative talks and advice from experts, and the fellowship and cameraderie of those who have the same interests, he must drive long distances on dangerous roads to and from one of these two locations-or do without.
For this reason, I'm trying to start a group to serve the fishkeepers of the areas between St Lucie and Boca- and elsewhere within a 50 mi. radius of Palm Beach County.
Therefore, the very first meeting of our brand new fish club, tentatively called The Aquarist Society of Central Florida, will be held on Wed. October 14 at the River Center of the Burt Reynolds Park- 805 No. Highway #1; Jupiter, at 6:00 PM
- Note: although I personally have no preference besides this for a permanent location, the Park Coordinator, Ms. Jocelyn O'Neil, has gone out of her way (and out on a limb) by letting the infant club have the premises for free for this first meeting. We would be very pleased and grateful to see you support us there!

·
Registered
153 Posts
There is a special section in the forum. They have sale and swap. Post an ad there. I would join but I don't live near FL I live in NY

1 - 4 of 4 Posts