Aquarium Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Sterbai Corydora
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, about 1,5 months ago i started my first tank, but i did not like the aquscape. So yesterday i scaped it all over again, what do you guys think?
Water Pet supply Organism Plant Rectangle

Plant community Plant Rectangle Organism Pet supply

The upper one is the old scape, the bottom one is the new one. Let me know what you think, or what you would have done differently.

Registered
Sterbai Corydora
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Both look good! I personally like how wood looks in planted tanks so I'm partial to the old scape, but whats important is do you and your fishies like it 馃榿
yeah, at first i liked the wood, the cory鈥檚 liked to go on top of it, but it released some tannins in the water(which i didn鈥檛 know of, since this is my first tank and aquascape) and i don鈥檛 really like the look of blackwater. :)

Registered
Sterbai Corydora
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you boil the wood + soak it before putting it in? I read boil it then soak it for a week or two and you get less tannins

Edit: the water on both pics looks similar, was it worse?
no, i did not boil it. I did soak it, as advised by the person who sold it to me. He said soaking it was enough.
And the upper pic was right after a big water change, so it looked clear. But it definitely was a darker color before the water change.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts