Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Aquarium Fanatic
1,267 Posts
first off welcome to the forum

do you know what size tank you plan on having or what type of fish you want?

there really isnt anything you can do to keep them from breeding but if you dont take the babies away from the parents they will take care of the overpopulation problem on their own

·
Goodwill Ambassador
614 Posts
yeah...it all depends on what type of fish u want

i would recomend tiger barbs because they are so hardy and are perfect for the first timer...although u would have to get at least a 20 gallon and you have to have a school of at least 5-6...then maybe some corydoras for bottom dwelling

look up on what type u want ...its just a suggestion

Reactions: JIM

·
Banned
1,148 Posts
Phil is very sadly correct, By nature its survival of the fittest, or in this case the biggest and hungryist. In many cases, depending on the species, it may require quite some effort on your part to induce breeding, or in the case of some, such as convicts, well just let me say. Rabbits aint got nothin on those guys :)

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
I would say you are on the right track with asking the questions FIRST before doing the buying. That will help you a lot. So far the advice and information you have gotten has been great so I will not confuse you with more.

Welcome to the forum and thank you for joining us. Every person on the forum adds to the value of it and you have helped to make it more special. Thanks.

Rose

·
Registered
278 Posts
*w2

welcome to the forum. No worries I am sure that you will find plenty of help here and have all your questions that you may have answered in full. We got a lot of talent here so take advatage of it!:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts