Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the hardscaping is complete till the late winter. Got my antler shed to complete get rid of the last piece of resin decor. I also have a full skull w/ antler in the first stages of taxidermy, however I have decided that is going into the tank as well, Pics of that to come once the process is over out of respect for the weak stomachs.

Right side perfect 4pt basket buck, My hunting buddy has game camera pics of him, his left side is a 5pt w/ 1 drop tine, I hope he is there to shed again, I want his left side for the tank.

Its amazing how quickly 1 piece of decor can change the look of the tank( and direction of scaping).
This is how it looked an hour ago

I always take critiques, its just a matter if I take the time to acknowledge them.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree! Looks awesome! But is it safe for the fish?
100% safe for the fish, it was a shed so there really was no marrow or live blood in the tines. still just boiled, air dried and placed in the tank.

My full skull is doing great, just boiling the flesh off the skull cap and it will be ready for the tank as well.

Its much more natural to have wood rocks and bones then fake plants, gravel and resin.

The angels have laid eggs on the antler already.

·
Fish CrAzY!!
197 Posts
100% safe for the fish, it was a shed so there really was no marrow or live blood in the tines. still just boiled, air dried and placed in the tank.

My full skull is doing great, just boiling the flesh off the skull cap and it will be ready for the tank as well.

Its much more natural to have wood rocks and bones then fake plants, gravel and resin.

The angels have laid eggs on the antler already.

Thats great! Please post pics of the eggs and or fry!:)

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got a very useless male in the pair, I will not have fry unless I replace this male, he is a egg eater, was a cull, never raised himself by parent angels. So, I gotta spend some time finding males.

But yes they are just dead bone and can be used in tanks with great results. I am just waiting to draw an elk tag in order to get a elk rack into the tank. they are much darker then deer racks and well will blend in with the wood better.

The thing glows in the tank its so white its an attention drawer that is for sure.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks like after xmas I will get some breeders, local guy has a amazing pair for me , wife is gonna get em for xmas.

Platinum marbles proven breeders, I cant wait cause this means I get my 150g cube.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts