Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm back after 3 years. I have a new all-glass 75 gal tank with a built in mega overflow. I finally got up the nerve and plumbed the overflow with the kit that came with it. I have a 30 gal Amiracle sump in the cabinet right below the tank. It has the 100micro sock filter attached. Inside that part of the sump I have the AquaC EV-180 protein skimmer with a Mag 7 pump. To the right of that is a sponge I guess as a bubble defusor. Then the next area is the return area with a built in 3/4" bulk head with a 3/4" valve and clamp for the Eheim 1262 return pump. This sump setup looks a little like the Berlin sump setup that is listed in the Marine Depot catalog.

I have a lot of other stuff for the future when the system is set up and running, ie; Korallin Calcium reactor w/CO2 tank; Coralife Aqualight Pro lighting 48" 2x250W HQI MH/2x96W PC and 4 LED's (this has the 4 legs that rest on top of the tank); 250W Eheim heater; Aquatics Reef Keeper 2 with all the extra's;AIRWATERICE 4 filter RO/DI system; 2x Maxi-Jet 1200 power heads.

As you can see I have enough for a good start up. My background is only with a Nano system that was setup for saltwater reef/fish. Did good with that system. Gave it to my grandson.

I need some help getting the plumbing started. I just cannot see how things should be setup from the tank to the sump/skimmer/return. If someone could help or lead me to some good web sites with pictures and "How too's" it would really help. All local aquarium stores have closed over the last year. Only have one local in Oxford, Alabama and it is family owned and really small. Mostly fresh water. If someone is local to me I would pay them to set me up and get me started.

Thanks for reading this and if at all possible give me some help.

Tom ([email protected])

·
Registered
92 Posts
OK TOM,
EASY FIX... HERES A GOOD THREAD I CRTEATED ON A DIY CANISTER FILTER http://www.aquariumforum.com/f34/diy-canister-filter-844.html
YOUR MAJOR PROBLEM IS WITH HEAD PRESSURE WITH EVERY GALLON OUNCE WATER HAS TO HAVE ONE ON THE RETURN YES YOU WILL HAVE RESTRICTIONS. filters, ( sorry bout caPs lock on my gf comp) biobags you will have to have some sort of restriction from the FROM to the TO if you can understand my meaning...
if you have all this skimmers and stuff just start with the basics from one macine will make a restriction from another which will youll have to add more or depending on your application... its simple may take a little time .. but simple
shane

1 - 2 of 2 Posts