Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have I guess what would be considered a semi aggressive tank. I have 7 tiger barbs, a rainbow shark and 2 flying foxes. I also have 2 neon tetras that were carry overs from a tank a year or 2 ago. I wasn't planning on getting anymore seeing I didn't know how they would work with the barbs. They seem to be fine except they don't really do much because 2 aren't enough to school with. If I would go buy about 7 more or so would that be a bad idea? I want the others to have friends but if the barbs will just attack them its not really worth it. What does everyone think I should do?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Tiger Barbs are often fin nippers, but when you have them in a large group, they will sometimes ignore other fish species. If the neons are small enough, though, the barbs will probably consider them as food items.

·
Registered
192 Posts
How big is the tank? I would think the neon tetras would be better off if you had more of them to create a nice shoal.

And i never heard that they will die because they are tankies. I have friends that have had their neons for years. The biggest threat to a neon in most tanks is the filter. lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts