Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Marine Aquarium Expert/Saltwater Section Mgr.
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
someone gave me a 125g tank. and i was going to make a sump with it for my 125g reef tank. i want it 2 be a badass sump!!! and i have been kicking it around for a few and just can't think of anything good to do with it. let me tell you the size of it,it's the norm 125g 6ft long tank and it's not drilled.right now i use my 3ft sump that has my uv,skimmer and two mag 12's in it. i will be putting this sump in to the back room not under the stand so i have lots of room. THANKS REEFCRAZY

·
Registered
943 Posts
I would use the 125 for your main sump and section off an area and put some sponges in it with NO light then use your 3 footer for a gravity returned macro tank. The sponges will do an outstanding job filtering the water along with cheato and with the 3 footer being a gravity return you will be feeding your tank will all the pods going back into your main tank.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Agreeed with Archer, Also I would use a dual feed on the unit, one on each end and have a DSB in one end and normal sump on the other with center area being your return area. Keep a slow feed on the side with the DSB and you will have one awsome sump.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts