Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the aquarium world I have several books that I have read from front to back. I am ready to dive in. My only problem is What tank is right for me. I really like the Oceanic 29 Gallon biocube, as well as the 24 gallon JBJ nano cube. The 24 gallon Aquapod is a close third. The pricing is all relevantley the same, with the exception of the JBJ coming with a free stand. My local dealer swears by Oceanic because he sells nothing else in his shop. He has told me that the aquapod is like a nissan and the oceanic an infiniti if you understand the analogy. He has told me to completley stay away from the JBJ because there crap. Im not buying my tank from him either way I just want to know which tank is the best and what are the highs and lows of each. I want to have alot of corals and anemones with a snowflake eel, 2 clowns and maybe two other fish im not quite sure yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
67 Posts
well im no expert of SW but i know the larger the tank is the easier it is to maintain so i would recommend the 29gal

and the snowflake eel gets too large for any of the tanks

·
Registered
264 Posts
mustang boy is right on suggesting that bigger tanks are easier to maintain IMO. and a snowflake eel is too big for a nano. i am one for the oceanic biocube since i am purchasing one (still on layaway). but of course with any biocube you still have to make the necessary adjustments built for your needs. i'm still working on purchasing everything for the biocube i have on layaway. if money isn't too tight for the pocket (which mine is at the moment) I would look at the red sea max. Red Sea MAX | the first fully featured, plug-and-play reef aquarium

1 - 5 of 5 Posts