Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi:

I have a heavily stocked 90 gal reeftank (live rock, soft corals, anemones, and fish) need a new protein skimmer. Any recommendations and info on where to buy it?

Thanks,
David

·
Banned
1,148 Posts
*w2 to the Forum, I must have missed your intro, My only experience with protein skimmers is with a CPR BakPak, and it served me well running on a 75 gal, Salt setup for about 5 years.

·
Registered
318 Posts
well it depends on your budget but i would fist say check your local fish store they might have an imitation of a brand of skimmer.I went to one of my local store and they had a store made reef octo skimmer imitation wich is bascly the same as the original but without the brand name and they work good. If not check local listing CL. Or ebay .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Be aware of china made skimmers...they fall apart and are cheaply made. No imitations for me. I just installed the new Aero Force CPR skimmer and it is running like a champ. The best thing is it is a lot quieter than other skimmers I've used. It has an internal skimmer pump that fills the skimmer with tons of bubbles and I remove a cup of nasty stuff every week. Take a look at it on YouTube, that's how I found out about it.YouTube - cprusa95521's Channel

1 - 4 of 4 Posts