Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello. i am a new member-so it is only now that i ask someone " what kind of grouper was this mysterious fish?" he was a pretty grouper. he was a pretty peach color on most of his body, except for some faded brown-black streaks on his dorsal surface and sides and bright red fins. he was aggressive to smaller fish, but shared a meal of a giant shrimp(also of a species i do not know) with a striped dog-faced puffer and a peacock toby puffer. i'm sorry, but i don't have any pics of him, since he died a few years from very long freshwater dip when he had a parasite. just please inform me about this mystery grouper!

·
Deep Diver
23 Posts
how big was it in inches? Where did it come from geographically? How much did it cost (and when was it purchased)? Also, where did you buy it?

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
size:6 or 7 inches
location:?it was colored and acted like a fish from the indo-pacific
price:$6.99(should have been 69.99)
when:3-4 years ago
place:petco
thanks for the good question, Ch08.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
size:?
where:?
when:3-4 years ago
price:6.99
place:petco

·
Deep Diver
23 Posts
based on the price, size, where you bought it, and color I am guessing that it may most likely be a miniatus grouper. You should Google the word Miniatus grouper and see if that is what it was. LMK if I am right.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nope, i looked up miniatus grouper and thats not it.mystery grouper was a much lighter peach color.thanks anyway, though

·
Deep Diver
23 Posts
there are only a very few grouper species that make it into the aquarium trade... Miniatus, polleni, and argus to name a few. There are also hogfish that can be mistaken for a grouper....

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it was no argus or polleni. it had a weird jaw that would pop out whenever he opened his mouth.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
alot of new experts now...i still want to know what this grouper was! by "peach", i meant like skin-tone color=crayolas "peach" crayon. just to refresh=faded grayish colored lines u could only see if you looked at it closely, bright red fins. aggressive and was extremely territorial.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
heres a quick pic i drew of him:

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sorry but his stripes were alot less pronounced. i made them too dark :(

·
Registered