Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi. we got as corydoras catfish think it was a bronze but now i am reconsidering. its green sheen is not a sheen but a thick, more-blue-than-green stripe. its gill covers r a nice pink and it seems like the fish is "blushing". its body is indeed very elongated and the height is short when compared to our shwortz cory. its face is dark gray and the body is a brownish color. here is a tilted photo in which u can see some of the features: please help me identify this cory!!!

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have no dig. camera so its hard to get good photos. every time i look up "bronze corydoras" in google images, none of the cories have this blushing look or the face and body being different colors.

·
fishboydanny
584 Posts
I've heard of a red lazer or orange lazer cory before...... maybe that's it? not sure.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks 4 the link, susan. but what was there is not what we have. like i said, ours has a blushing appearance on its gill covers, not a green sheen like the cory in the photo. i'll try emerald cory and the 2 lazer cories and see what comes up.

·
fishboydanny
584 Posts
Reactions: eaglesfan3711

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i just discovered that yes, they r orange lazor cories!! the orange stripe was'nt showing up because of the tank lighting. my dad had kept it a secret!!!

·
fishboydanny
584 Posts
how many did you get? if you can get more, you could breed them.......

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
we only have 1.

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
It would be nice if you could get a couple more as they really do better in groups of three or more. It makes them much more active as they are timid little fish if your tank is big enough to support the fish. At least 10 to 15 gallons is needed for them and they will be very happy. To breed them you will need to do a water change with slightly cooler water (a couple degrees or so) and provide lots of cover. Make sure that their tank is not inhabited with other fish that will eat the eggs. They are fun to breed.

Rose

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
now i've found out the truth: we have a corydoras melanotaenius.

·
Goodwill Ambassador
614 Posts
yeah thats an emerald because i have two in my tank thats exactly like mine/// i thought that was mine for a second

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
according to the website i found it's species on, their pic looks exactly like mine, the scientific name was Corydoras melanotaenius and it was called "Elongated Bronze Corydoras"

1 - 18 of 18 Posts