Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a picture of my 30 gallon tank. I still need a background and I'm waiting for some star moss for my driftwood. Does anyone have any suggestions on anything else I may need or would look good? Thanks!

I tried to get some good pictures of my fish but I need more practice!

Reactions: JIM and orion

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm, I've already ordered it. Oh well. I didn't pay that much for it! We'll see how it goes!

My gouramis seem to love the moneywort. There's almost none left!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, Glen! This is my first go at real plants! So far so good!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I am in the same "new to plants" boat. Now a leason I learned the hard way...listen to the advice from those that know. Susan to name one but there are a lot of others that have given me great advice. There are great threads in the planted tank section. Things have gone wrong only when I didn't heed the advice given so far.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm not sure on the wattage of the light but it is fluorencent. Right now I have a java fern, wendtii and moneywort.

Glen-I'll be heading over to the planted section later today to get some advice! Thanks for the heads up!

·
*blackback butterflyfish*
208 Posts
It's a beautiful tank, i don't really like the blue gravel.... but that's just me :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I like the colour blue and it went with the castle. Believe me it's much better than what I had before. I should never let my kids pick out colours. What a mess!

·
Banned
1,148 Posts
A very nicely laid out tank, im sure it will give you many years of viewing enjoyment, especially after the plants are in place and thriving.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Jim! The kids love it. I can't wait to have a finished basement so I can have a large tank with all my favourites in it!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts