Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have changed my 55 gallon tank back to Fancy goldfish...
here are a few pics starting with the tank:

and now my new little buddys:

Please let me know what you think!!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had it set up with tropicals, Angels and Neons. Then Had some Cichlids for about 3 weeks. I missed having Goldies so i went back. I'm a sucker for Fancy Goldfish!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have changed the tank again, kind of, and have now added 2 more Orandas. Here are some pics:

My new Redcap Oranda

and this is my group shot.
I will be adding 2 Bristlenose Plecos in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
48 Posts
How big is your gravel? I always heard that it was best to use a bare bottom with goldfish. I'm still new at this, and only have a pond at the moment, but I have an aquarium on the way and would like to use some gravel... will have 2 baby koi, 1 goldfish, 1 pleco, and possibly 6 gourami.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How big is your gravel? I always heard that it was best to use a bare bottom with goldfish. I'm still new at this, and only have a pond at the moment, but I have an aquarium on the way and would like to use some gravel... will have 2 baby koi, 1 goldfish, 1 pleco, and possibly 6 gourami.
The gravel in that picture was actually small river stones. I have since changed it again and gone with small black gravel. The live plants were not doing well with the river stone.
Becareful with what you add to the goldie tank. The only pleco's that should be put in with goldies are Bristlenose and rubberlip. I would also not recomend mixing the gourami's, goldies are cold water and need much different water parameters.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I like your goldfish, they are very beautiful.

Reactions: J-Pond

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thanks for the tip on the pleco... I'm not sure what kind I have, but it has been in the pond with the koi and goldie for 2 months now with no problems.

Jay

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the tip on the pleco... I'm not sure what kind I have, but it has been in the pond with the koi and goldie for 2 months now with no problems.

Jay
I would keep my eye on it, once it gets bigger you may be in for problems.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts