Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now before we go anywhere, this is NOT going to be a speedy thing lol I am slowly getting all the goodies together

Tank - This keeps changing, i am hoping to get a plug and play type marine tank, but it will depend on what i can afford at the time. If i cant go that route i do have tanks here that i can use.

Filtration - I have a HOB and a canister here that i can use.

Substrate - CaribSea black live (bought today)

Water - I will be purchasing fresh SW as this works out way cheaper than buying RO and Salt

I still need to get a test kit, IBC for storing 1000litres of SW, smaller containers to store RO water (for top ups), Skimmer, Base rock & Live rock

I will be doing a reef tank with minimal fish. Fish wanted, dwarf lionfish.

·
On the wild side
4,132 Posts
exciting!

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is....i wish i could just magically have everything i needed now. Reality sux sometimes lol

I have around $400 store credit currently, but want to try and leave that for livestock when the tank is ready.

Been pricing the plug and play type tank, wow, some places are ridiculously expensive, i think i found at least 2 places that have not badly priced systems. There is a lovely cube i am liking a lot.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So i think i am gonna go the plug and play route....then pretty much everything is there i need, pumps, skimmer, sump.

Gotta decide on the tank itself, but i am really liking the Aquareef 275

Will do some local pricing and go from there

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hoping to pick up the 1000 litre IBC Monday, then i can start to organise a SW delivery....woot!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts