Aquarium Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, new here.
I came one morning to see my fantail goldfish bubbles with white spots all over her tail. I have added salt but realised none of her other tank mates have ich. Could it be stress ich? I don’t really know. I do not have a heater so could not really raise the temperature. Pls help… here is a photo sorry if you cannot really see the spots… she moved into this new tank yesterday

Photograph Water Light Orange Fin

·
Registered
15 Posts
You're right I can't see the spots :) regardless , goldfish are cold water fishes so if you do raise the temp, don't leave it too warm for too long. Could just be some stress issue with your tank chemistry, or tankmates harassing bubbles. The best teacher is your tank. Watch closely for awhile & look for anything odd. Also goldfish are pigs & produce ammonia like crazy. Do very frequent water changes and keep an eye on those spots.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You're right I can't see the spots :) regardless , goldfish are cold water fishes so if you do raise the temp, don't leave it too warm for too long. Could just be some stress issue with your tank chemistry, or tankmates harassing bubbles. The best teacher is your tank. Watch closely for awhile & look for anything odd. Also goldfish are pigs & produce ammonia like crazy. Do very frequent water changes and keep an eye on those spots.
One thing I find kind of strange though is that she sits hiding under a plant alot and sometimes just stops moving in water, is that normal? She only comes out when I give her food...

·
Registered
321 Posts
Hi! 😃 I'm The
Hi guys, new here.
I came one morning to see my fantail goldfish bubbles with white spots all over her tail. I have added salt but realised none of her other tank mates have ich. Could it be stress ich? I don’t really know. I do not have a heater so could not really raise the temperature. Pls help… here is a photo sorry if you cannot really see the spots… she moved into this new tank yesterday

View attachment 32193
Hi!😃 I'm The Fish Lady! 😃
Nice to meet you! 😃
Howz your Goldfish doing now, hon?
Does she/he still have the spots yet? Yes, put in a little marine salt.
Just watch your ammonia levels for Goldfish are notorious for high ammonia levels and also for Ich, unfortunately...
Aawww...poor baby.
All our "new" babies hide at first...hmmm...but he/she comes out to feed though? You mention "tank mates"? What kind?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts