Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again This is my new Betta set up.I have a Easter Island theme with a mix of over grown jungle going on. I like to keep tanks naturel looking and i know i have a few easter island heads within my Biorb , i veiw them as rocks not statues, that fish dont know what they are. My HM chilli red should arrive tomorrow.Also i have 6 White cloud minnows in the tank so i hope all works out:) Have a back up tank just incase it doesnt.Will post tank pics with my boy in it. Will ajust the heat setting to a happy medium for both of them as i think fish do ajust to tempreture . Thanks Mark:)

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
I did read an article on Bettas in the Tropical Fish Magazine and it did say that bettas that are kept in a temperature of over 81 degrees on a continual basis do not live as long as they seem to burn out at that temperature or just "live faster" with the increase in the metabolism. That would be about 27.0 C) So I would not increase the temperature a lot or decrease it below 25.0 C) They are not so unaffected by temperature as one may think with all the discussion of rice paddies. These fancy fish have never been anywhere close to a rice paddy and would soon perish if they were placed in one. their natural cousins that have actually been there bear no resemblance to the lovely fish we own. The betta you buy for a pet is a
true Tropical Fish and needs to be treated as one. Please do let us see pics of the tank and the new little guy when you get him. He does sound gorgeous. :)

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that Rose:)Im keeping the temp at 78 as them white clouds are well happy. Couldnt beleave seeing them schoaling about the tank.Very happy so far. Betta will arrive Friday morning , :)

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
Thanks for sharing the pics. Your tanks are always very interesting. I think your little fish will be very happy there.

Rose

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
Thanks for sharing...He looks really Happy

Rose

·
Entertainment Commitee
314 Posts
that is down right cool props man props

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you all for posts. i am granted one more tank in the living room as this will be my 7th tank.LoL Betta time again:)Wonderfull fish,So glad i came on here or id be still on goldfish mode.:) Even thought my main tank is all fancy fish that i love. giving them a new theme so they aint bored. Going for the sunkin warship,plane and so on... :) Thanks again .Mark

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
Sounds great cannnot wait to see it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts