neon cardinal, rodostomus, corys
flora : anubias, hygrophylas and java moss
all natural wood and rocks

the pics :

hope you all enjoy !

·
Discus lover and not only
50 Posts
Very nice tank!However,If I have seen well,there is a heckel discus and one brown among the hybrids.If this is a heckel I would exchange him for one more hybrid or another fish.This type of discus need a much lower ph than the others that do well at around 7.He suffers a lot and usually after some months or a year die.Also,wild discus fish never consider the hybrids as a species of their own.
This is just my experience but I would be happy to hear that he grows and lives really well with the rest and this would be an exception to the rule.

·
Banned
1,148 Posts
*pc Very nice..Thanks for sharing your pics, Discus are some of my favorite fish, and yours are beautiful. :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, Harry and Jim

Harry ... you are right. Wild discus can be very dificult to keep, especialy if they are captured as adults. My Heckel is from a local breeder and the "nhamunda" brown is still very young - they both eat well.

I keep the PH low as possible to make sure that the hybrids and the wilds can live together healthy. But there some risks involved. Some of then adapt perfectly and others dont. I hope mine can be exceptions to the rule too.

A tip - keeping neon tetras, very fragiles, you can be sure the water parameters are ok, and the routine water change is essencial.

thanks again !

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks all ... I feed then colour bits (tetra) and brine shrimps (live and fried)

best regards to all

1 - 16 of 16 Posts