Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.... long story short my clown and a lawnmower blenny got in a fight. the lawnmower got a good shot in and cut my clown's chin open. The clowns chin swelled and his mouth is always hanging open now. (its been about a week) I put the clown in a separate tank and used a fungus remover to treat bacteria and prevent infection. The clown still has a cut under his mouth, swims fine but at times is lethargic and does not eat. He has not started showing signs of malnutrition and starvation but I am worried the cut is preventing him from eating. Anyone have any advice on speeding up the healing process? Thanks!

·
Registered
170 Posts
The only product that saved my fish in the past was a combination of an external and internal antibiotic Like Maracyn 1 & 2 that treats most sickness. I quarantine them with lots of aeration and a slightly higher temperature that is if the species of fish permit this. I use a HOB filter with no carbon Just filter floss and use lots of Aeration. Use some of your tanks gravel and water at first and at every new treatment do a 50 % water change. Feed your fish many times a day, but only a super small amount since he is sick. That is what I have done with success before. From past experience quick action is always a key to saving a fish. Also keep the tank in an isolated spot with low lights to reduce the fishes stress. Good luck.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
do you think i should keep the light in the tank on or off? I've been keeping it off thinking the dark will make a less stressful environment for the fish.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts