Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Aquarium Fanatic
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When I started this tank I knew nothing about saltwater
I like to say that i know something now since my coral isn't melting anymore and i am able to keep any LPS and softies i want
but hers some pictures of the tank let me know what you think

·
Aquarium Fanatic
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Green Striped Mushroom

Purple Tinker Bell Chalice

Brown Digita (Got stung at the LFS while getting another frag out so this guy was free)

Have no idea what this is, it just started growing on the live rock

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
nice tank. i notice u have 2 royal grammas. just as warning, if they are 2 males, they will fight.

Reactions: MediaHound

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
3? your tank is barely big enough for 1! i would love to have 1, but my tank (a 28gallon) is too small.

·
Aquarium Fanatic
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
3? your tank is barely big enough for 1! i would love to have 1, but my tank (a 28gallon) is too small.
Yea i know that now
but i didnt know that when i started this tank up, i had only done freshwater before this
but yea if you decide you want one just let me know or if you know someone who does

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hay nice tank.
I think you would be well advised to get a sump to put all that equipment in. It would give you much more room and a larger volume of water not to mention a place to acclimatize new additions.
Can i ask how your getting on with your aqua-clear power heads ?. mine seem to produce a lot of heat and micro bubbles even when there fully submerged.

·
Aquarium Fanatic
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Hay nice tank.
I think you would be well advised to get a sump to put all that equipment in. It would give you much more room and a larger volume of water not to mention a place to acclimatize new additions.
Can i ask how your getting on with your aqua-clear power heads ?. mine seem to produce a lot of heat and micro bubbles even when there fully submerged.
I have been wanting a sump on that tank since the day i got it but I dont have a place for a sump on this setup but i am getting a 65 gal with a sump

The powerheads are doing good i really like them mine does put off a shot of micro bubbles every once in a while, they do see to be putting off quite a pit of heat, i unplugged my heater for 2 days and when the light was off it stayed around 74 degrees and the house was 68

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
i like the zoas. nice color. sad story about the nem.

Reactions: phil_pl

·
Aquarium Fanatic
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i like the zoas. nice color. sad story about the nem.
thankyou

just an update i did 5 gal water changes everyday for a week and lost nothing due to the anemone, what a relief

also if anyone wants one of the royal gramma's i would love to make a trade for some coral, but if you dont have any to trade pm me i'll give them to you really cheap

·
Banned
1,148 Posts
A very nice lookin set-up. Makes me want to start a salt tank again....But im so far into Natives now its not funny. However a nano-cube wouldnt be too much trouble :). Isnt it amazing that in this hobby, just the site of a nice tank makes one start to drool and head for the LFS for equipment and fish, no matter what you already have :fish-in-bowl:

Update; After lookin at your tank pics again i wanted to add that i really like the way youve placed your premium rock so it gets good circulation all around, i think thats very important. Also as i think ive heard Jarred mention before (Patience) youre not loading your tank down right off. Adding things slowly small fish etc. does wonders for letting your system adjust slowly to the bio-load, and the skimmer will be a definite asset. Great work !! and thanks for sharing your journey with us :)

1 - 20 of 75 Posts