Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have a 29 gall. Been set up for a month now.

I have 3 Balas and 5 Tiger Barbs

What else should I put in it? I want a pretty good variety

I'm thinking a few Rainbow Sharks and I don't know what else.

The Bala's won't be in this tank forever, they will be in this tank for about a year or until they outgrow it then I will be purchasing a bigger tank for them.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
the balas get way to big for that tank. and rainbows you should only have one of them in a tank as they will fight and one will become dominate and cause the other alot of stress and evenaully die. If you can sex them than maybe you can put a pair together but spawn is rare in cap., no reports have been published about them spawning in a tank.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the Bala's will not be in this tank forever. Only until they start to outgrow it or I have the money to get the bigger tank whichever comes first. I know the 29 gal is not big enough for them. This is a temp. situation until I have the money to get a bigger tank.

I was unaware at the time the Bala's were purchased that they got so large, I learned after the fact. This is the only reason I even have the Bala's in the first place. Had I been able to take them back I would have but the store I go to only lets you take them back for health reasons.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts