Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to list the livestock that i have, and I'm open to suggestions on what else to add to it.

one 10 inch bala shark
two 3 inch balas
one pink gourami
two gold gourami
two blue gourami
one calico fantail goldfish, 3 inch
six platties
one 5 inch silverdollar
one three inch albino pleco
one five inch regular pleco

The first thing I will do when I finish my setup is to get me two more balas, but I'd like some more fish in it too, and I have a few parameters to take into account when choosing the fish:

something colorful and

behavioural interesting

I used to have two lkeporinus fasciatus which I loved, very fun to watch, but they preyed on smaller fish, I also had a dinosaur bichir, but he loved to also prey on smaller fish, only at night, so they ar e in another tank right now.

So far, besides the balas, I was thinkin on:

a flagtail, love the colors, and I read that is peaceful, just don't put two or more in the same tank.

I also want to look into cichlids, is there a cichlid that will do fine in a community tank? I like how they behave, but if they gonnna start killing other fiish, then no, but I'm open to suggestions.

Maybe get four silver dollars? I like how they school together.

So, I know is a long post, but any help will be greatly appreciated

·
Banned
1,148 Posts
How about a group of schooling fish for the mid or upper level of your tank, there are lots to choose from, neons, white cloud mountain minnows, etc. a shoal of this type is very interesting in the tank and looks very natural, as it is exactly what you would see in nature :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Personally, I think the Balas will get too big for the 140(do not add anymore).....I agree with the above.....Get a school of 3 dozen Cardinal Tetras.....Throw in a group of Angelfish....Purchase about 8 angels, start them off as babies so they can pair......Toss in half a dozen Corydoras catfish....To fullfill your cichlid appetite, throw in 5 Geos....As for keeping the rest of your fish, I did not go through your whole list, but my list sounds attractive and easy....

ps I would get rid of the common pleco, they get way too big....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts