Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
I actually only just got guppies myself on a whim (didn't do any research first which is very unusual for me) and wasn't aware until I got home that they would be giving birth so much. From my understanding, the females can hoard sperm and give birth pretty much when they feel like it? So you might end up with babies in the big tank anyway.

·
Queen Platy
932 Posts
Nice setup. I usually just let mine breed in my planted tank. There are thick areas of plants in certain places and the fry hide among them. The snatch any food that come close and dart back in when they see movement. I think my guppies are trained to not eat babies as the adults are getting more used to being around big baby guppies and junior guppies. If the fry ARE getting eaten, I dont notice it. The population is rapidly increasing and I have to give away many of them to friends. If you plan to keep RCS, keep nitrates low at all times as they are more sensitive than fish. Live plants introduced to your tank will lower nitrates or keep it from toxic levels.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts