Aquarium Forum banner

Mts!

5K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  Agia 
#1 ·
I got em, by the thousands.

10 bucks ships anywhere continetal US. price quoted is for 12x12x8 box USPS priority and 27 hour heat pack(grabber brand), newspaper for insulation and a mint if the wife brings them home(kidding, no freebies.)

PM me if you want some.

Thank you.

#7 ·
My kuhli loaches take care of my population but I overfeed to make more to pass em on.

I dont make much if but change left over on these guys, I got em free I just charge for shipping, shipping materials,heat packs and the like. 2 heat packs are usually included depending on demographics.

#9 ·
I dont know of anyone who would want to buy those.

Maybe its just me..

Ive been fighting them for awhile now.
The technique i use ot catch them is simple and real easy

Salt shakers, remove the top of the salt shaker.
Add some fish food to the salt shaker, fill with water and then place it on the bottom of the aquarium. make sure the shaker is clean and also make sure the lip of the opening is level with the substrate.
Snails will come crawling in within a matter of minutes.

Give them about 20-30 minutes, depending on how big of a problem your having.
Remove the shaker, dump in the toilet and flush.

#10 ·
Its you, Ive had no problem getting rid of them this way.

They are the good snails I guess, they have done wonders in my planted tanks and even a barebottom 15 I got they keep it spotless.

I use a salt shaker to catch the big ones that are elusive when my hands are in there scooping em out, they learn not to come out just after lights-out.

I use a vacation feeder block in the shaker, by the next morning the shaker is packed full and usually has to be broken to harvest the snails. I am not losing them, I got tons and plan on keeping a few hundred in each tank. MTS are sellable snails, alot of people want them that have no access to them. I need to sell about 50 boxes to make 5 bucks so its not a profit deal at all. my fry do that.

I did trade off 1000 MTS for a breeding pair of assassin snails, food for killer snails, A+ in my book.

#17 ·
That's a lovely shell. I love these guys. I never try to control the population with mine, but I suspect my bristlenoses like to roll the biggest ones and eat them. Somebody in the tank is - the littlest ones are fine, but I'm always finding big shells empty on the surface of the gravel, and between brochis, rasboras and the bristlenoses, the plecos are far and away the most aggressive fish in there. I may take you up on the offer just to vary my gene pool later on when the weather warms up (we're still having days in the 30's).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.