Aquarium Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Vodka Doser
6,496 Posts
As long as your Rock stays under water and circulated, you could put everything back in the tank a couple of days with no problems. Your bacteria resides in majority in the rock, not the water.
But, if you could get all your water and rock and put it into the tub of the place your moving, then you have more time to set up and do whats needed. I've done all my moves in one day, including adding the fish back in. May have been at 1am, but I got it all moved.

·
Registered
687 Posts
DOSE IT MAKE A DIFFRENCE IF THE MOVE IS EXACTLY 5 MIN AWAY...MY LFS said i shouldint clean my sand bed to just drop my water to the top of the bed to move ...im gonna still clean it ..even do,..
I'd scrape some cups of sand from the top half of the old bed and keep that live specimen in some tank water. I'd use that to seed the bed of my new build...just sprinkling it over the top. And I'd thoroughly dry the remainder of the old sand before I rinsed it. Drying it kills much of what you're hoping to rinse away, which makes for a more effective rinse w/less die-off in the new tank.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Oright ...tank finaly moved...yesturday...my fish are in buckets...aqua scape not done...i test last niht .and nitrets are at 20ppm....should i do some water chabges befor adding fish back in or should i just put them in

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Well The Move Is Done Its Been Ten Days,. Should I Expect To See A Rise In My Levels,.. So Far All I Seen Is The Nitreat At Around 20,. In The Move I Saved About 87% Of The Old Water ,. I Did Lose Some Friends., :9(

21 - 30 of 30 Posts