Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I done did it, all these years of thinking and talking has paid off.

here are the parents

here are the stock I chose from

here is their temporary tank(bought a 210 pre-drilled last night)

bought this tank for them last night
210 Gallon Fish Tank Aquarium

I have advanced my 52g I dont have pics yet, its got 12 angels 6 are blues, 4 are wild blue strains and two electric blue rams in that tank.

here is the discus tank now.

guess all those internet fish keeping rules are out the window, I think ive proven nearly all of the BS wrong over the past 3 years.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Good find I've been looking on craigslist for a 210 for a few weeks now I'm sure I contaced every seller with a 210. Congrats on the tank and the parents are georgous... I hope the youngens turn out the same.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
210 is here and starting to clean it.

I got mine in lake villa, there are a few on there for sale, everyone I contaced saturday and sunday got back to me already, but at 700 bucks I couldnt pass the lake villa one up, had a stand too but I let him keep it to sell it for more $ it wouldnt fit in the Z71 nor thru the doorway for the room it is going into.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Geez...a 210 gallon tank...all I can say is WOW. Are you still working on a NPT tank? I just got Diana's book, so I'm reading it now. Very interesting.

I'm on APC too, I see a few of your posts. It's a great place for NPT info, but I'm tiffc there, not Sweet Tee. Lack of forum experience made me think I had to come up with a different name LOL.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
NPT took a back burner, easy and stupid cheap to set up however I got my 52 in great shape now as a blackwater amazon tank heavily planted(all my plants come from apc) and these disc's have been a very timid bunch, huge issues as far as stress is going, first time they ever saw a real life plant and other fish then discus.

I got some pics but havnt loaded em yet, I am halfway done cleaning it, now is the elbow grease, forgot I had a 2400 PSI heated pressure washer in my shed till this morning when I went out there to get some furniture movers so that made a good 2 day job turn into 30 minutes.

Alot of mussels and some tube looking things stuck to the overflows that I am having to take off with a 1/2" plastic scraper blade as to not mar or scratch the overflows themselves.
Yea and the discus 45 tall now will be turned into a RAM tank.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts