Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for posting so many questions but my local fish store really dont seem to know what they are talking about. I have a texas Ciclid and some sort of shark. I was wanting to get one more Cichlid of some sort. and possibly a few smaller fish. But I dont want another texas cichlid. what other cichlid can i put in there and be safe still. and what is a good smaller fish to go in that would not be in alot of danger. some info on what i have. 55gal. texas cichlid about 5". shark about 7". thanks for everyones help I really dont know who else to ask. :)

·
cichlidaholic
36 Posts
Unfortunately Archer is correct the cats going to get a couple of feet long and then some, and the Tex will top out around 10". Way big for a 55. You may want to try and return them or trade them for something smaller growing. Basicly something that tops out around 6" or so .

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The store I got them from will give me a store credit. what would be a good cichlid to get i would like to have 2 or 3 cichlids and some small barbs or something of that size. thanks again everyone

·
fishboydanny
584 Posts
dwarf africans or american cichlids only get a few inches long, and many will be fine with barbs like tiger barbs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts