Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, How fast can a fish be totally consumed in an aquarium. I left the house at 8:45a.m. today got home around 6:00p.m. this evening. When I went to check on the tank one of my fish was missing and has not shown him self yet. Now this is a 20 Gal nano tank that has 2- hermit crabs, sand star, fire goby, turbo snail, and a cleaner shrimp. IF the clown died would there be no trace of him in 10 hours, I mean no skeletal remains, nothing. Moved all my live rock and nothing. This is so weird. No way he could have jumped out as the tank was covered, other wise I could accept that he jumped out and a cat got him, but the cover was on tight. This is making me crazy. Help with any ideas.
Thanks

·
Registered
119 Posts
what kind of filtration are you using...are you running a skimmer. if you are running HOB filters look in them..ive had fish, and shrimp end up in there..amazing thing was they were all still alive.

Rick

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mystery Solved, He ended up in the refugium! I checked that thing 5 or 6 times! Today I was going to change the micro alge and it was all gone! then I looked and saw him swimming around! My son said that figures because his name is...you guessed it, Nemo!!

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
looks like your clown liked the macroalgae! what kind were u using? o and just to inform there is a little confusion: macroalgae(AKA seaweed) is the kind u use in a refugium, microalgae is the algae that forms a "mat" over rocks and glass that u keep out of or in your display tank, depending on type

1 - 6 of 6 Posts