Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Members who have read this thread" feature now turned off here on Aquarium Forum

I just turned off the "members who have read this thread" bit from the bottom of all posts in the forums.
Hope this gives people more privacy. You don't need to feel bad anymore when you read a thread and don't reply, because people can no longer see who read each thread.
I don't think we needed to be THAT transparent and so I removed it. I realized sometimes I would read a thread and not have time to reply, etc. and I felt bad because I knew the thread starter would see that I read it and didn't reply.
It sounded like a good idea at first but I want to experiment without it for a while and see how things go.
Whats cool is that if theres anything about the site that does not make sense, or could be enhanced some more we can always make adjustments and try different things.

Please let me know your thoughts!

Have a great day!

Jarred

·
Registered
95 Posts
Re: "Members who have read this thread" feature now turned off here on Aquarium Forum

you could see who read the treads! did even know that lol
ditto, didn't know that either

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Re: "Members who have read this thread" feature now turned off here on Aquarium Forum

thats funny..... if I ever notice it, I think most people just feel maybe that you did have anything to add to the post, some people just loke to read the post. I know I sometimes read the SW forum. So much that I have to go get an antiSW booster shot.... my wife would kill me, if I spent that money I would need for all the equipment you need for a SW tank.... she just cringes at this time about all the Co2 system UV's lights and everything else I buy for these tanks.

·
Registered
306 Posts

Woah I didnt know that....Wow maybe you didnt need to remove it....We all kinda blocked it from our eyes! =D

·
fishboydanny
584 Posts

So I'm not the only one!!!

·
Banned
1,323 Posts

I knew it and it did make me feel like I needed to post everywhere I stopped but it is okay with me without it. I think it will make me feel freer to browse.

Rose

Reactions: MediaHound
1 - 9 of 9 Posts