Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
fishboydanny
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to make a large pond (at least 5 FT long x 5 FT wide x 5 FTdeep) but as cheap - but long lasting - as possible. I want to stock this pond with plants, mollies, guppies, cardinals, and maybe some angelfish. Any advice/reccomendations? All help is greatly appreciated!!!

PS- I live in southern FL (Ft. lauderdale), and I'm online almost daily. :D:eek::D

·
Registered
258 Posts
thats a lot of digging. 125 cubic feet of dirt. You could always go for the preformed type of ponds (not as much digging) right now Im using a 55 gallon drum (plastic) cut in half to harvest plants. I have a filtration unit on it with mosquito fish and guppies with some driftwood. It doesnt get direct sun light so its the closest thing to a pond I got. If you are interested I could get you a plastic drum and you could cut it yourself.
Just let me know.
thanks
john b

·
Registered
258 Posts
I work in a spice manufacturing facility. Typically we get barrels of vanilla in and other flavorings that are water ssoluble and easy to clean out. the company has them in white or blue.

·
Registered
324 Posts
danny,

if you build an in ground pond, be sure the water level is several inches above the ground to prevent mud and such durring storms from washing in.

·
Registered
324 Posts
for somthing the size of what you want, I would be looking at rubber pond liners. get at least 40mil thickness

·
Reefer, Plants and Ponds
270 Posts
Bump- wondering if you are any further along on your pond planning?

·
Reefer, Plants and Ponds
270 Posts
Jared, a pond would be great at your new place. I loved the research and planning phase of it almost as much as the building! I can just see it framed nicely by some of those gorgeous nanas you have. Go for it. :fish-home:

Reactions: MediaHound
1 - 10 of 10 Posts