Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started this tank a few months ago, but haven't been able to post pics because my new puppy chewed thru the usb cord for my camera.

The bad puppy:

I finaly have a way to download pics so I thought I would post them here.

My 90 Gal DT & 75 Gal sump:

Sump with baffles in place:

I had to make the stand kinda big to fit the sump under it:

I left plenty of clearance between the sump and display tank:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I came home from work last saturday to find this sitting in my living room:

My new Current USA Outer Orbit Pro, it has 2 x 250w MH and 4 x 54w T-5s. This thing really lights up my tank. I don't have any good pics of the light on the tank, so I'll post one taken with my cell:

Then this weekend I took a trip to Orlando to goto World Wide Corals. So many corals, so little $$$. LOL. I did pick up a skimmer while I was there. I got the Reef Octopus Extreme 200:

That thing is a beast! I also picked up some new corals: PPE Favia, Hollywood Stunner chalice, Meteor Shower Cyphastrea, and a rainbow acan with about 13 heads! I haven't had a chance to take any pics of the frags yet. Hopefully I'll be able to do that tonight.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Some new pics as promised!

PPE Favia:

Hollywood Stunner chalice, It's more blue with green eyes than what you can see in the pics. Rainbow acan is in there too.

Meteor Shower Cyphastrea:

Prism Favia:

Seasons Greetings Monti or Chili Pepper monti not too sure which:

Thats about it for today! Hope you like! Feel free to comment or question!

·
Registered
943 Posts
That is all the skimmer you will need on that tank and even good if you upgrade some and a very nice light setup, what K bulbs are you running, oh and will that beast fit in your sump?? What are you useing for a return and for flow, looks like Koralia's in the tank. I like your setup and nice to see you didnt skimp on Lights and Skimmer.

·
Premium Member
3,108 Posts
Awesome setup and awesome corals!

I would call that a Chili Pepper look-a-like... Seasons greetings is slightly different, smaller polyps for starters.. I have both in my tank, I got my Chili Pepper look a like from the same colony you got yours from, it's on the same plug... they are going around local shops lately and come from ACI or whatever that guy is called in Tampa... and I have the true LE Seasons Greetings, directly from WWC in Orlando and there are some differences.
I like that favia, the growth edge is a nice green ring.. bravo.
Meteor Shower is awesome as well. Mine (also got mine from WWC as you did) likes the bottom of the tank better than blasted with light, the green base was fading when in high light.. but I have read they like high light high flow.. so just experiment with its position in your tank.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
archer772- Yeah the skimmer fits. When I built the stand I was undecided on a skimmer yet, so I made it pretty tall. The lights are 2x250 watt 10k MH and 2 54w 460 actinic and 2 54w 420 actinics. For flow theres 2 K4s and 1 K nano. For the return I use a mag 9.5 . I did kinda overdo the skimmer and light so I could upgrade in the future.

MediaHound- Yeah, the monti is from ACI. I think I picked up that piece from Fintastics in Jensen. The PPE favia is in my wifes 29G biocube. That was the first frag I picked out when I got to WWC. I ended up breaking down the frag tank in the sump and put the 150W sunpod on the BC. The meteor shower is in a slightly shaded spot for now. Just trying to get everything acclimated to the new light before I put things in their final place and glue them in.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Almost forgot, heres a pic of the skimmer in action:

and a few days of skimmate on a light bioload:

·
Registered
943 Posts
Sweet setup and nice to see somebody getting the rite stuff and maybe even a little bigger than needed. I bet it wont be long before its all filled in and your corals look very NICE. What are you useing for supplementing I only ask because I bet your tank will be useing up your calcium, mag and dropping your alk before long and thats a good thing :).

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I use B ionic and tech M. Actually just started the B ionic yesterday.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cool I got mine from Carl also.. The place on Luckhardt had them also... I woulda guessed you got yours there ;)

I don't get EVERYTHING from them, just most of my stuff. ;) When they get really nice stuff in, I get a call from them. :D

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just wanted to post a pic of a new favia I picked up last night.

I still need to get some shots of the rainbow micro and new chalice. My AC Jr. just came in yesterday, I just need to finish hooking it up.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I thought I would post some new pics! First, here's my new RBTA that actually came from ORA:

It hasn't found its "happy place" yet and has been traveling all over my tank. Hopefully it'll settle down.

Next is my new bleeding apple scoly:

I guess I still need to take a FTS, maybe I'll do that tonight.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts