Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a week ago I made a thread about my female convict chasing my male convict. I'm now getting concerned she is stressing him out bigtime. He is getting sluggish and constantly hiding from her. They are both only about 1.5" big. But the female just wont let him be. Should i try to get him into another tank for his own safety? I can transfer him to a friends 30 gal tank that only has one 5" ghost knife in it. If i need to, I will do it today. And if this happens, will i be able to introduce another male to her. I want to breed them. She's a cool fish, but turning out to be a "insert bad word here". lol

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well, now they seem to be fine. I guees i just need to get used to seeing him like this. Its kinda like a real marriage :)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WOW! I was way off. They were apparently starting mating rituals. This is my first pair of cichlids and didnt know what to expect. But as i am typing this. They are almost "dancing" with each other and twitching at each other. It seems like they are about to make me some fry :) They are doing a lot of Rubbing on the slate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts