Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Queen Platy
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a preference and why? The only thing I know about these 2 is... Mopani is a lot heavier and leeches a lot more tannins than malaysian driftwood. Im about to go buy a centerpeice for my tank and I want to make sure which one is the better choice :)

·
Registered
943 Posts
I would say its a personall preference. I will say that mopani does leach more tannins and sinks , malaysian doesnt leach as much tannins but also doesnt sink very easily. I prefer mopani for the darker color of the wood but it seems that malaysian tends to have more branches to it at least the stuff around here does.

·
Queen Platy
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would say its a personall preference. I will say that mopani does leach more tannins and sinks , malaysian doesnt leach as much tannins but also doesnt sink very easily. I prefer mopani for the darker color of the wood but it seems that malaysian tends to have more branches to it at least the stuff around here does.
Yea I agree with you on that, I really liked the mopanis weight and how it had a very dark color. Also liked how the malaysian was more branchy and had more a lot more crevices.

As long as they last a long time without rotting then I'm ok with it. Cause the last time I bought grapevine wood it rotted within a week. Hope malaysian last a long time cause it's what I bought o_O

·
Queen Platy
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alright thanks, that's reassuring *#3

1 - 5 of 5 Posts