Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Catch and Release
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the positive things about working at a petstore is that you can keep fish without actually bringing them home. Unfortunately, it is sad when they go.
We had one oscar that was like none I've seen before. Most albino oscars are tiger oscars. This one was a red albino oscar. Therefore, instead of having red stripes, it had more of a rustic look.
He had been there for a long time, (a few months) and I got the priveledge of selling him tonight. Luckily, it was to a guy who knew what he was doing, and had oscars already. He was putting it into a 120g tank, which was much larger than what he was in before.
Unfortunately I will miss his voracious appetite and his different coloration.

·
Banned
1,148 Posts
Thats kinda like sending a kid off to college, lol, hate to see em go, but deep down you know its the best thing for em. Im sure your buddy will be much happier now in his new bigger home, and maybe even a little less nervous without all the people checking him out all day. If you could stay in touch with the new owner, maybe they will send you pics sometime as your buddy grows :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Aww, this would be me if I worked at a fish store~ & it would be hard not to grill the customers about their knowledge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts