Aquarium Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi i am new to the forum and hobby and am looking for a guide/timeline on setting up my aquarium.
I have a 37gallon.
Can anyone tell me step by step to successfully filling and cycling a new tank without fish and a timeline of when i should add each product and do tests ect.
thank you

·
Pleco n bn breeder n BOSS
8,319 Posts
Read

·
Registered
3 Posts
This is a good read on fishless cycling a tank. I'm not supporting anything other than the actual process. I have cycled tanks with fish, a small population to start, and fishless. The advantage to fishless cycling is you can raise the temperature higher than you would with fish in the tank to encourage bacteria growth. Again reading is the best thing you can do to understand exactly how the tank cycles. click here for a start Fishless cycling a tank

·
Registered
55 Posts
Read the guides, the one susankat posted is good.

Personally I love Seachem Stability. It's all the bacteria in a bottle, you just dose it every day and if they have food(ammonia/nitrite) and heat they will propagate quickly.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Stability isn't guaranteed, you could be wasting your money. Live bacteria will die off in a bottle with nothing feeding it.
Says 4 year shelf life on the bottle, but mine were manufactured 5 months ago and worked perfect. I wouldn't buy it if the manufactured date was too old, for that kind of money it better be fresh haha

It definitely needs an ammonia source in the tank though

From Seachem:
The bacteria in Stability™ are alive but not active. They exist in a spore form. They can withstand extreme temperatures and do not require food to survive. When you add them to your aquarium they become active due to dilution.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts