Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Your going to need a bigger tank that a 90 for that fish... they get really really big.... so if you want to house this type of fish you should look for 200gal or bigger, now. these fish should not be sold for hobbist but they are and many end up dead becuase the owner can't keep it. Evne worse they are release in to the native water supply..... NEVER NEVER do this. In england I do beleave these fish are illegal to sell. Good Luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am looking for a really big tank, but its not that big right now so a minimum of a 90 gallon will do until it grows some more.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Your going to need a bigger tank that a 90 for that fish... they get really really big.... so if you want to house this type of fish you should look for 200gal or bigger, now. these fish should not be sold for hobbist but they are and many end up dead becuase the owner can't keep it. Evne worse they are release in to the native water supply..... NEVER NEVER do this. In england I do beleave these fish are illegal to sell. Good Luck
They grow up to 1 meter. I believe So are you sure a 90 gallon isn't big enough? If not, I would go for more than 250 gallons or more.

That's just my opinion :)

·
Registered
285 Posts
You can go to craigslist.com. There you can find out about all of the tanks there :) Or you can go to your pet store, and they can either give you some contact info for places that will manufacture tanks for you. I would go there, but I don't have to :) My friend makes many tanks out of pure thick glass.

I hope your pet store can help you :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts