Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
fishboydanny
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, it's Daniel again. I have been interested in a fish called Labidochromis sp. Mbamba Bay, but haven't been able to find them at any stores. I was curious if any of you guy knew where I could get a few (like a trio of a male and 2 females) or even if they are avaliable for the pet trade. Any help is appreciated!!!

·
Registered
324 Posts
those fish are around, but not always available. keep a sharp eye out and ask at stores that specialize in africans. along with beverly's you may also want to check out aquatic jewels as well.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Give Beverly's a call and ask for Steve in the fish dept, ask him if he can get them in for you. He has some contacts and whatnot, and is an expert when it comes to African Cichlids. I think you have a very good chance, and he is usually there. Beverly's Pet
Nice fish, btw.
what does it look like do you know the common name.

·
fishboydanny
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thank you sooo much!!! I've had so many distractions in the past couple days...... i'll check out beverly's soon! never knew about that pet world! I go there (tower shops) on friday nights sometimes for the car show they have weekly!

·
fishboydanny
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
neither pet world or beverly's had them..... any more suggestions?

·
Registered
42 Posts
wow.. in america your so unlucky.. i see them in abundance here in taiwan. and they go for about 1$US as a young and 2-3$US as a full grown. but it regards to finding them for you.. sorry. im sure your not gonna come here to get them, and shipping there is also crazy.

good luck on finding a trio.

looking for pictures of your desire, i came accross these

Labidochromis sp. "perlmutt"

nice coloration. to my eyes

·
fishboydanny
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
those pearlmutts are really nice! I've asked my mom about what she thinks about them in general, but she thinks their bland..... I disagree!

a website with a few good pics of the mbamba bay labs: http://www.african-cichlid.com/mbamba.htm

1 - 11 of 11 Posts