Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I joined this forum for getting tips since I am starting a 55 gallon tank. Have had Goldfish in the past but in smaller tanks. Am looking for a kind of fish that our local petshops do not have, its like a modified Lionhead and its called a Ranchu. Does anyone know of anyone in Florida that breeds Ranchu Gold fish? I know you can order online but the couple of websites i have explored charge 35 for over night delivery and this is not counting how much the fish costs!
Anyway if anyone knows of any Ranchu breeders in Florida, specifically North Florida please let me know.
Also, I am looking for an Aqua Clear Filter 70, willing to buy one used if anyone wants to sell theirs :)
Thanks!
Ingrid

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much for this info. Do you know the name and number of the store? Maybe someone is traveling this way for the summer? I can meet in Gainesville or Ocala because I live between both towns in the Morriston area. Would the fish survive the five to six hour drive??
Very nice forum by the way! What is in your fish bag in the pic? Is it goldfish? Very cute animation! :)

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
I sent him an email, Im not sure if he is "home" right now as per the clusterjunk in the gulf of mexico going on. I know he went out when the rig first exploded to aerial survey and know he came back but unsure if he left again. I will get you the info you are looking for.

If you want to PM me your email I can pass that along to him.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi my name is jean my gran kid brought home some baby fish not sure what they are my freind sead they might be baby bass ? Im asking if any one can tell me what baby bass look like so i know if i should let them go.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Wrong forum and thread however, welcome, where are you from? where did the fish come from?

These are Baby smallmouth freshwater bass

and these are largemouth bass babies

what size tank do you have, I am almost certain you dont have one large enough to properly house a north american native fish.

largemouths arent considered "trophies" until they reach 10 pounds and have been caught over 20 pounds.

·
Registered
6,072 Posts
Hello and Welcome to the fourm. Nice to have you here with us. Hope you are having a great day.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts