Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
jackief
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 69 gallon planted hex tank with @ 40 gallons of water in it. I'm looking for suggestion on some cool top swimmers, solo or a small school. I'm not too fond of hatchet fish. any other suggestions????
the tank contains the following already:
4 Otto cat (Otocinclus vestitus)
5Colombian red blueTetra (Hyphessobrycon columbianus)
3 Pangio oblonga (Black Kuhli Loaches)
1 Longfinned blue danio (Danio rerio)
1 Dwarf Gourami (Colisa lalia)
@ 9 Assorted Guppies +Fry (Lebistes reticulatus) (i'm trimming these getting rid of all my females)
@ 15 Ghost shrimp (Palaemonetes Sp.)
3 Eastern Red-Spotted Newts (Notophthalmus viridescens viridescens)
1 Gray tree frog (Hyla Versicolor)
Various mosses
2.5" live Bromeliad in Planter
12-14 live Varigated ribbon Plants
3 live fern-like aquatic plants
7 live luckybamboo plants (Dracaena)
3 live Banana Plants Nymphoides
2 live Variegated Arrowhead bunches (Syngonium podophyllum cv 'Albovirens' )

·
jackief
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, both great looking fish, but I think they may be territorial with my dwarf Gourami. Besides I'm not sure I want another gourami. I got my dwarf as my top swimmer and he doesn't spend any more time up top than he does at the middle or bottom.

·
Newly infected with MTS.
46 Posts
Fair enough! I wanted to get a dwarf, but was told they're more aggressive than the Blue and its variants, as well as more of a mid-swimmer. Both mine are top-swimmers, but the opaline is definitely kind of territorial against the gold one at times (which will then go hide in the pirate ship for a bit).

·
jackief
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, I was considering more Danios. The one I have was actually given to me by accident in the bag w/ the gupps. That's why I only have one. I am going to check out the Killi's Thanks

·
service cart captain
80 Posts
One thing you can do is up your numbers of the longfin danio's. There is also some killies that are top dwellers. Like the clown killies.
I must agree, the killies are great fish....like little jewels. :D
There are a number of US native top minnows that would fit this bill as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts