Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am looking to get a centerpiece fish for my 29 gal. I want something nice and brightly colored, but will hopefully not eat everything i have. I want to get it young so it will be a while before i run into that problem anyway. Any ideas?

·
Registered
719 Posts
Well first you need to decide what else is going to be in the tank so you can choose something that fits in well

·
Registered
134 Posts
A Dwarf Gourami is a good center peice fish. They stay small and come in a variety of beautiful colors. They also are fairly peaceful community fish, so long as you don't get something similar to them like another gourami, paradise fish, or betta.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well right now I have some danios, tetras, otos, an angelfish, an african dwarf frog, and i will probably get a couple of cherry shrimp. I was looking into an electric blue jack dempsey or a green terror. I want to get something young and small, but i want it to grow to about the sizes of those fish. I will have plenty of places for those other fish to hide from it if it starts to get hungry, but i want something that will "wow" people when they see it...obviously

·
Registered
719 Posts
Your dwarf frog doesnt wow people?? How many ottos, tetras and danios u got in there and what kind? I agree with longtail though, the gourami comes in a ton of different colors, usually stays out in the open high up in the tank and should get along with the tankmates.

·
Registered
66 Posts
im a super noob but from what iv read the green terror and the jack demps are kinda mean. would they leave your tetras alone?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my dwarf frog hides under a rock all day..i have 3 glofish, 2 bloodfin tetras, 2 otos, and 1 blind cavefish. i heard that if a fish like the jack dempsey "grows up" around the smaller fish, it should leave them alone when it is the size that would normally eat them. I looked up the gourami and it looks like they only get about an inch or so (i may be wrong), but i would like something bigger than that

1 - 7 of 7 Posts