Aquarium Forum banner

Look into my Anglers eye! Vid's too!

8K views 24 replies 11 participants last post by  AquaTed 
#1 ·
Here are some pictures of my rather large Angler, and his friend a Zebra moray eel. My son decided that this tank would be "The Family Guy" tank, and as such all livestock is named after Family Guy characters.

So I give you Quagmire the Angler, and Cleveland the Eel.

Will post some video links that have him and the eel in it in a few.

See less See more
#5 ·
Why thank you sir! He is a fun fish to have. Eats like a champ, changes colors, real social actually. Not a typical Angler

#3 ·
Reactions: MediaHound
#4 ·
Oh yeah, and no making fun of me goofing around with my son, and talking to the fish!

#7 ·
Well not sure about great (quality wise), but we sure had fun making them. My eel "Cleveland" is a great fish. He is really tame, will eat from my hand now, and is really well behaved. As eels go I would recommend them over snowflakes any day!

#10 ·
Yeah I looked for about a year before I found the right one. It is really difficult to find them this size, in good health, that are eating like champs. This guy is an eater, he will not only frozen, but he will eat pellets! Ever hear of an Angler eating pellets?? Got what I think is a great price on him too!

#11 ·
Even better when you know that my 6 year old son named them! Yeah his mom has given me some serious grief about him watching Family Guy, but hey, at this point he has seen them all so not much I can do now.

#14 ·
Glad you liked it! It is real fun to take vids with my son, and we will make some more soon.

#16 ·
Thanks again, glad everyone enjoys them and my goofy nature when it comes to fish.

#18 ·
Glad you liked it. I have some other cool pics too. Will post in a few.

#20 ·
Sorry, not my intent! Just want to share some of the fun I have!

#21 ·
Cool vids. makes me even more anxious to start my salt tank. right now i got a 20 gal fresh, but my buddy id selling me his 105 gal that will be my salt tank. what kind of eel is that? are they pretty compatible with most other fish?

just noticed your out of chicago too, im just south of you :) no point to saying that other then something i noticed

#22 ·
and never mind the "what kind of eel" question, i just re-read your initial post... duh...*#3

#23 ·
Aint nothing wrong with the family guy, my kids have been glued to it since birth really.

The angler, doesnt that thing have hands/feet? I see it gripping or "handling" the rock alot.

Love the eel, reminds me of my old snowflakes at feeding time, get a little over zealous and go for its tank mates. My snowflakes were very tame and hand fed till one day when ren bit stimpy in half.

#24 ·
Cleveland the eel is pretty calm actually, he will eat from my hand and just kinda does his eel thing. Quagmire the Angler will "walk" at least as much as he swims...he is really a weird fish.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.