Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had 2 red tails in a 10 gallon.. they hung out in their little hidey holes and occasionally swam around together and then sometimes even chased each other... i got a suggestion to seperate them because one would chase the other and that might kill the one being chased... well i never noticed one getting chased more than the other and never noticed any signs that their health was failing... when i got my 20 tall up and running i finally caught one of them and put him into the new tank... and now they seem to look for each other... its only been a few days but do you think since they grew up together that they are so used to being around each other that they may miss each other? should i put them both in the 20 tall? once i get another hidey hole for it? or am i just a dork?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well they have tank mates.. the one still in the smaller tank has some angels and a pleco and then the bigger tank has some guppies mollies glo fish and neons

i dunno

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
really? they sure seem like it...

G

·
keep them separated, else you'll end up with a dead red tail. they are docile to most fish, but nonspecifically (with their own species and related species) they can get really nasty.

tim

·
fishboydanny
584 Posts
the one still in the smaller tank has some angels and a pleco and then the bigger tank has some guppies mollies glo fish and neons
swap the fish around, because the angels and plecos will outgrow the tank, and the guppies, glofish, and neons don't need all that room (depending on how many), or just move the ones in the ten gallon to the 20 and you should be fine.

Reactions: JIM

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i've got another tank to get up and running... hahah a 20long

1 - 6 of 6 Posts