Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Cornelius
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a freshwater tank set up for as long as I can remember. I just downsized from a 75 to a 45 bow front due to space issues. Currently it houses 6 guppies, 7 neon tetras, and a ghost shrimp that came in as a hitchhiker. That is a lot of room for them, but so far so good. This afternoon I will be putting a Bamboo Shrimp into my 10 gallon quarantine tank as a future addition to the group. I am new to shrimp, so something more interesting may be in the future, but I will try the Bamboo first.

I ran through a saltwater phase a few years ago. I loved that, and I loved the fish, but I hated the time requirement. I broke it down and sold most of it when I last moved. I doubt I will set up another one in the near future.

The new setup is going to be mostly "simpler" fish, like guppies and neons. I want to get into plants, grab a few shrimp, and start a Daphnia colony to feed everything.

After going salt I am staying pretty basic and am not planning on spending much money right now. This appears to be a good site for information, I will add to the knowledge base where I can.

·
discus_dude
215 Posts
welcome to our forum....for your new aquarium you may keep cardinal tetra,danio,platy,cory,clown loach etc...

·
Cornelius
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all, I have already gotten some good information from perusing the boards. I am pretty new to freshwater inverts and live plants and managed to learn a few things. Just sharing what others have in their tanks has given me new ideas!

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
Thanks for joining us and welcome to the forum. We will be glad to guide you but the aquarium will be all yours when you are finished. Mostly we can give you information but in the end it is your choices that will make it yours and fit your lifestyle.

Rose
:)

·
Registered
143 Posts
I want to *w2 you to the forums and hope to see you in the chatroom. :) *#3

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Welcome to the site!
welcome to our forum....for your new aquarium you may keep cardinal tetra,danio,platy,cory,clown loach etc...
sorry spawn but i have to disagree with the clown loach-very active and will need a larger set-up quite quicly, as they grow to 12" long! all the others i agree with.

·
Goodwill Ambassador
614 Posts
Welcome to the site and ask away although you have enough experience with saltwater

1 - 12 of 12 Posts