Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody,

I currently have a 54 gallon corner tank but need to find lighting for it. I'm going to need a fixture or hood to hold it in. The tank is not set up yet with fish or anything. But it will just be a tank with gravel on some fake plants and such. I could really use some direction as to where I can buy the appropriate lighting for this tank. Thanks guys. :goldfish:

·
Queen Platy
932 Posts
Since you are not keeping live plants, any lighting fixure will be sufficient. Have you tried Craigslist or Ebay? You can buy it new at local fish stores too but it will be more expensive.

·
Aqua Addict
292 Posts
Yep, just like NursePlaty said. Since you aren't growing plants you don't need expensive lighting. Just get something that fits your tank and isn't ugly to look at. Dr. Foster and Smith has some decent prices. They did bump thier shipping from $5 flat rate to $8.99 though which pissed me off.

You just need a light that fits across your tank and then any bulb with do. Different bulbs will change how "bright" you tank looks though. Do you want moon lights (lunar lights)? They are kinda cool to have. Moon lights allow you do see your fish moving around at night. They don't have any effect on the fish.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts