Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am a beginner having a 37 gallon tall talk of 30 inches length and 24 inches height. I would like to establish the plant very well in my aquarium, but have not been successful. I figured out that I need to have more powerful lighting system and having a trouble with choosing the texture. As you all know, 30 long texture is a kind of hard to find, so I thought purchasing 24 having more wattages with the same price instead, since the tank is tall. Does it make sense? I was thinking to purchase Aqualight 130W compact fluorescent. Is it a good choice? Or is it okay if I purchase same spec, but cheaper Chinese product we can find on the ebay? I am afraid if the similar question has been already posted in somewhere, but I could not find. If you could give me any suggestions choosing the device, I will be appreciated.

·
Registered
943 Posts
You will always be better off buying name brand, cheaper units are just that most times having cheaper ballasts, bulbs and wireing I might suggest you trying to find a nice T-5 setup as these will penetrate with better par at deeper levels than PC's do another words 96 watts of T-5's will put out more useable and intense light than 130 watts of PC's hope this helps

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much for a reply. It is good to know that T5 is better than PC. As for the size issue, doesn't it matter if I use 24 long texture for 30 long tank in general?
Thanks,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts