Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I setup a 5.5Gal tank for 4 Corydoras Schultzei black, tank cycled I got 2 clay pots with strapped moss and anubias on the way.
Next step was to get a light for it, so I went with 7W JEBO from eBay
The biggest Mistake Ever!!! Folks, I better burn that $23!!!

Since the tank is Aqueon 5.5G I stopped by Petco (distributor of this brand) and I found 14" fluorescent just made for this tank. But when I install and test light the first time, it uppers to be a pink :( . Can I keep this for my setup or I should return it?

All this time I knew that for fresh water setup I will need Blue/Wight. I did not even suspect to see a pink bulb, I may think of wight maaaybe blue, but no way pink.

Thanks
Aram

·
Registered
38 Posts
i bought a 10 dollar desk light... has 8 LED bulbs in it... runs with 3 AAA batteries... works perfectly... i dont leave my light on 24/7 so i change the batteries every 3 days...

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That may look good! But changing batteries every 3 day, it may be expensive
For that light, I would've setup a solar panel with small controller *#3

i bought a 10 dollar desk light... has 8 LED bulbs in it... runs with 3 AAA batteries... works perfectly... i dont leave my light on 24/7 so i change the batteries every 3 days...

·
Goodwill Ambassador
377 Posts
I would keep the fixture, its meant for that tank and most likely fits and looks best with it. Buy a different bulb in the blue/white range and change out the bulb it came with.

·
Pleco n bn breeder n BOSS
7,685 Posts
I agree with fishfinder, you should be able to find a daylight bulb somewhere that will fit. Daylight bulbs gives you more of the type of light you want. Sounds like with the pink light its one of the growlight bulbs. Thats one thing I never liked about those bulbs.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for reply all.

Susankat, what do you mean by "growlight bulbs"?

They may be good for low light setup that I am planing, but let me tell you, the color of the aquarium was so UGLY, so I returned this light this morning, and ordered from here : Odyssea Power Compact Lighting.
Cheaper, better build quality, has a reflector and bulb is 50/50 (daylight)

Fishfinder, to change the bulb, it will be another $6-7 plus s/h. And total light for 5.5 Gal tank will coast me $50-60

1 - 7 of 7 Posts